• For a 3-quart Instant Pot, you must halve almost all of the ingredient amounts except you must use 1 cup chicken broth (with 1 tablespoon liquid smoke) in the insert.
• For a 10-quart Instant Pot, you must use 21/2 cups broth and 3 tablespoons liquid smoke in the insert while otherwise completing the recipe as stated.
• Add chopped lettuce (particularly iceberg lettuce), chopped tomatoes, and/or sprouts (particularly radish sprouts) to the hoagies with the pork.
• If you’ve used a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot, you can crunch the meat as it would be on a grill. Remove the skewers as directed in step 6, then remove the rack from the (hot!) insert, pour out any liquid in it, and wipe it out. Return it to the pot and set the air-frying basket attachment in the insert. Setthe Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid over the pot and air-fry at 400°F for 5 minutes, rearranging the skewers once to allow even browning.
• Alternatively, set the cooked skewers in a nonstick grill pan set over medium-high heat or on a grill grate over high heat. Grill for about 2 minutes, turning several times, until browned.