Stuffed Baby Eggplant Curry
Pav Bhaji - Mix Vegetable Mash Curry
|By :Subhadra Burugula|
Delicious Mix vegetable curry (Bhaji) is a popular street food in Mumbai, India. It is traditionally served with Pav (Bread) with generous amounts of butter.
|Browse Category||Side Dishes|
|Diet||Gluten Free, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tbsp butter (extra while serving)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 cup potatoes cubed
- 3/4 cup carrot cubed
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- red chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
- Water as needed
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 line/lemon wedges for serving
Pav (Bread) Preperation
- Pav or Bread slices
- butter to toast
- 3 pinches Pav Bhaji Masala
Pav (Bread) Preperation
- Put Instant Pot on saute mode high and add butter. While butter is melting add cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
- Now add onions and fry for 2 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes. Turn off saute mode. Add potatoes, peas, cauliflower, bell pepper, carrots, pav bhaji masala, red chili powder and salt.
- Add water just enough to cover all vegetables and mix well. Put the lid and do manual high 5 minutes. Do natural pressure release(NPR).
- Mash the vegetables well with a potato masher or with the back of the ladle. Garnish with cilantro and serve with Pav/bread, onions and Lime/Lemon wedge.
To Toast Pav (Bread)
- Take a flat griddle on medium high heat. Add butter, while its melting add few pinches of pav bhaji masala. Place the Pav or bread on the butter and toast till golden.
Vegans can use vegan butter or oil. Although authentic recipe calls for Butter.
Pav bhaji masala is easily available at Indian groceries.
Use veggies of your choice.
You can also use ghee instead of butter
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/subbucooks/ https://www.instagram.com/subbucooks/ http://www.youtube.com/c/subbucooks Subhadra is born & raised in India currently living in Texas. She is very passionate about cooking and Photography. Her main motto is to provide tasty, healthy and easy recipes so that others can prepare a delicious meal for their families. Even though she is busy with her day job she tries to keep up with her blog and YouTube channel. She is a big foodie and loves to create new recipes. Subhadra has received lot of praise and compliments on social media for her recipes, especially Instant Pot recipes. All her recipes are Vegetarian and Vegan friendly.
All recipes by : Subhadra Burugula
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!