Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
One Pot Chicken and Brown Rice Dinner
|By :Chop Secrets|
A healthy take on a traditional chicken and rice dinner, juicy chicken, colorful vegetables, brown rice and herbs combine for an easy one-pot weeknight meal.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Poultry, Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Brown Rice, Carrot, Celery, Chicken Thighs, Cream of Chicken Soup, Onion|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth warmed
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves plus additional for garnish, or
- 8 oz sliced baby bella or crimini mushrooms
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 10 oz condensed cream of chicken soup canned or homemade
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, add onion, carrots and celery to the pot and saute until onion is soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add rice, thyme, mushrooms and chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Layer the cream of chicken soup on the top--do not stir.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot to a cutting board, chop and return to the pot. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot garnished with additional thyme.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!