Braised Short Ribs
Omni Pro - Classic Roast Turkey
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Main Ingredient||Whole Turkey|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
|Passive Time||4-24 hours|
- 10 - 11 lbs turkey
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1 tbsp coarse grind black pepper
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- olive oil
- Remove the turkey from the packaging. Remove the giblets and neck from inside the cavity, set aside. Remove or discard any plastic. Break down the turkey in 8 pieces: two wings, two breasts, two legs and 2 thighs. You can discard the carcass, giblets and neck or save to make stock for the gravy.
- Place the turkey part skin side up on top of a clean and dry rack, pat down the turkey to dry using a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, combine the brine ingredients (salt, pepper, dark brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika). Generously sprinkle the seasoning blend onto the turkey. Refrigerate uncovered for at least 4 and up to 24 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the fridge and place the two wings and two thighs on top of the oven rack. Then the two legs and two breasts on top of the enamel baking tray that comes with your oven.
- Select the ROAST function. Set to 425F for 30 minutes.
- Touch the SPLITCOOK function twice. Ensure the number 2 next to the split cook function is blinking, select ROAST. Set the temperature to 385 F and time to 30 minutes. Press START.
- Once preheated done, insert the oven rack on the Air Fry/ Toast level and the enamel baking tray on the Roast level.
- Once the unit beeps, indicating that it is starting stage 2, check the internal temperature of the turkey on the top rack. If the internal temperature has reached 170°F, remove from oven and cover with foil to prevent overcooking. At the same time, check the turkey on the bottom rack. If the internal temperature hasn’t reached 170°F, let it continue to cook in the oven.
- Check the internal temperature of the remaining turkey in the oven every 15 minutes. Once the internal temperature has reached 170°F, take it out of the oven and cover with foil.
- Once all the turkey is removed, select Cancel. Let the turkey rest covered with foil for 10 minutes.
- Slice the turkey breast if desired and serve. Enjoy with gravy.
Chef’s tip: Prepare the turkey 48 to 72 hours before roasting and serving. Save the carcase, neck and giblets to make stock for the gravy.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like