Braised Short Ribs
Omni 18L Family - Cinnamon Roll Cake
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Browse Category||Dessert, Kid-Friendly|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Main Ingredient||Brown Sugar, Butter, Cinnamon, Egg, Flour, Icing Sugar, Instant Yeast, Maple Syrup, Milk, Vanilla|
|Keyword||instant omni, omni, omni recipes|
|Prep Time||30 minutes plus 90 minutes for dough proofing|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes cool down time|
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter – room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
Maple Vanilla Icing
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Maple Vanilla Icing
- In a small pan, or in the microwave, heat the butter and milk together until the butter is melted and milk reaches a temperature between 100°F-110°F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Pour the warm milk mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and add the egg. Using a stand mixer with a dough hook, or if mixing by hand, use a rubber spatula and mix the ingredients until a soft dough forms. The dough is ready when it starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. If your dough is very sticky and wet, you can add an extra 2-4 tablespoons of flour.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3 minutes. If using a stand mixer, knead the dough on low speed for 3 minutes. You will know when the dough is ready when it slowly bounces back after you poke it with your finger.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Make the filling: In a bowl mix together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until a smooth consistency.
- Shape the cinnamon roll cake: Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a rectangle 16 x ”12”. Evenly spread the butter mixture all over the top of the dough.
- Using a 9” cake pan, place a piece of parchment paper inside and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a sharp knife and cut the dough into 2” strips lengthwise. Roll up the first strip and place it in the center of the pan. Take another strip and wrap it around the center roll. Continue wrapping the remaining strips of dough to form one large cinnamon roll.
- Cover the cake loosely with plastic wrap or a towel and let rise for 1-2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Insert oven rack at baking level in the Omni.
- Select Bake – 325°F, and set time for 25 minutes. Press START.
- Insert cake when oven has preheated.
- When cooking time is completed, carefully remove the cake from the oven and cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the icing: Whisk together all the icing ingredients until smooth consistency.
- Drizzle icing over the cinnamon roll cake and serve!
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like