Braised Short Ribs
Omni 18L Family - Cheesy Zucchini and Eggplant
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Main Ingredient||Egg, Eggplant, Marinara Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, Parsley, Ricotta, Zucchini|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 1 Eggplant 12.5 oz
- 1 lb Zucchini
- 1 cup Marinara Pasta Sauce or Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
For the Cheese Mixture
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika
For the Cheese Mixture
- Trim the green stem end of Eggplant. Peel off some parts of the eggplant skin. Start from the stem part of the eggplant and strip down to the bottom. Leave 1 inch of the skin at the bottom, depending on the size of your eggplant. Skip a section of the skin with a similar width and peel of another sheet. Continue the same pattern for the whole eggplant to create a zebra pattern
- Cut eggplant lengthwise in 1/2-1/3 inch thick strips.
- Spray some oil on the cooking pan of the Omni and lay a piece of parchment paper on top. Oil will help parchment paper to stick to the tray.
- Place eggplant strips side by side on the parchment paper. Brush or drizzle olive oil (or cooking spray), salt and black pepper on both sides of the vegetables.
- Ensure oven rack is at Roast level. Select ROAST Function on the Omni. Set the temperature to 445°F and time to 30 minutes. Press START.
- When the oven has preheated, place the tray on rack. Close the door.
- When the eggplant strips are slightly browned, in around 7 minutes, turn the food and roast for another 5 minutes until this side is also slightly browned.
- In the meantime, trim the stem end of zucchini.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in 1/2-1/3” thick strips.
- Place strips on a cutting board or tray. Drizzle olive oil (or spray cooking oil), salt and black pepper on both sides of the zucchini strips.
- When the eggplants are ready in around 14 minutes, open the door and take them out and place on a large plate with the help of tongs. Let cool.
- Lay out zucchini sheets on the cooking pan, side by side. Return pan to the oven.
- Roast until zucchini has gained color from the sides for around 7 minutes. Turn and roast the other side of the sheets for another 5-7 minutes.
- When the zucchini is ready, Select CANCEL and place on a plate to cool down.
- When it is cold enough take the parchment paper out and clean the cooking pan.
- In a bowl, mix egg, chopped parsley, ricotta, 1 tbsp of parmesan and paprika and pinch of black pepper to form the cheese mixture.
- Spread 5 tbsp of marinara sauce to the bottom of a 10 x 10” baking dish.
- Place eggplant slices on top of the sauce.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly on the eggplants.
- Place zucchini slices on top.
- Mix 1/2 cup of marinara sauce with 1/4 cup of the grated mozzarella. Spread on top of the zucchini slices.
- Cover the top with 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella and 3 tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Place the cooking pan at the bake level of the oven.
- Select BAKE function. Set the temperature to 365°F and set time for 8 minutes.
- For Omni Pro unit: - Touch SPLITCOOK function twice. As the number 2 next to the split cook function blinks, select BROIL function. Set the temperature to 450°F and time to 2 minutes. Press START.
- When the oven has preheated, place bakeware on the cooking pan in the oven. Close the door of the oven.
- When the program ends or the cheese on top develops a nice brown color, take the bakeware out and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting for service.
- Note: for other Omni units, after baking for 8 minutes, change to Broil, set temperature at 450°F and set time to 2 minutes.
Chef`s Note: Pizza Mozzarella Cheese can be replaced with one-layer fresh mozzarella slices.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like