Braised Short Ribs
BAB (Bacon, Apple, and Brie) Sandwich
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
For Apple Compote:
- 1 lb tart apples Macintosh, Granny Smith, or Pink Lady apples, peeled if desired, cored and cut in chunks
- Juice of half a lemon freshly squeezed
- Zest of a full lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 can Ocean Spray whole cranberry sauce 348ml
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 4 strips bacon
- 3 slices brie cheese about 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 tbsp salted butter room temperature
- A handful of arugula
For Apple Compote:
Instructions To Make Apple Compote on the Stove:
- Place apples, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, salt and cranberry sauce in a saucepan and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Place the saucepan on the stovetop.
- Heat the saucepan at medium-high heat until the mixture is bubbling.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook until the apples have cooked down but still have some texture, occasionally stirring, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a while before transferring into a jar.
Instructions To Make Apple Compote in Instant Pot:
- Place apples, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon powder, nutmeg and cranberry sauce into the Inner Pot.
- Close the Pressure Cooking Lid on the pot and ensure it’s set to Seal.
- Select PRESSURE COOK-Custom-Pressure Level High and set the time to 1 minute. Press START. After the program is finished, wait 10 minutes then carefully release the remaining pressure.
- Press CANCEL.
- Remove the Pressure Cooking Lid.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and let it cool for a while before transferring into a jar.
Instructions to Make Sandwich:
- Place the bacon strips on the cooking pan and insert the pan on Air fry level. Close the oven door.
- Select the AIR FRY and set it to 450°F for 5 minutes. Press START. If you want to cook the bacon crispier, set the time to 6 -7 minutes. Meanwhile, coat one side of each bread slice with butter and lay one layer of brie cheese on the one side of bread slices. Put them aside.
- When the program ends, remove the cooking pan, and transfer the bacon to a prepared plate.
- Place the 2 slices of bread on the rack and insert the oven rack on the toast level and close the oven door.
- Select the TOAST and set it to LEVEL 3. Press Start.
- When the program ends, transfer the toast on the serving plate, place the bacon on the melted brie cheese, spread the apple compote on top and then top with a handful of arugula. Lastly, top it with the other piece of toast.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Chef’s tip: Cut each piece of toast in half if they're large.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like