Plant Based Smokey Gouda Sauce
Oil Free Refried Beans
|By :Molly Patrick|
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Celiac, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, High Fibre, Low Fat, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 cup dried pinto beans soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pour your soaked beans into a strainer and rinse them thoroughly. Tap the strainer against the sink, allowing as much liquid to drain out of the strainer as possible.
- Add the beans, fresh water, garlic powder and onion powder to the Instant Pot and stir. Lock the lid into place and set the timer for 20 minutes, using the manual setting.
- When the timer goes off, use the natural release method until all of the pressure is out of the Instant Pot. Take off the lid, add the salt and allow the beans to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the beans and the remaining liquid to your food processor and process until totally smooth.
A true modern hippie, Molly lived in a teepee as a wee one, then moved into an adobe house that her parents built by hand. They didn't have indoor plumbing growing up, so it was outhouse city until she moved away for college. While she still has the free spirit, she also has a love affair with her Instant Pot, Netflix and indoor plumbing. Molly holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from Cornell University in conjunction with the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. For over a decade she has been working in the plant-based field, and is overjoyed that so many people are turning to a Whole Food Plant Based diet. She would love to help you on your journey too! You can join Molly's community through her Facebook group "Clean Food Dirty Girl" and her email on her blog!
All recipes by : Molly Patrick
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!