Classic Pot Roast
New England Boiled Dinner
|By :Urvashi Pitre|
Two tips to make this perfect and fast: Cut up that corned beef so that all of it cooks evenly and fast. And don’t try to make the vegetables and beef in one go unless you want total mush. Other than that, it’s a super-simple recipe that makes tasty leftovers.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Meat, Seven Ingredients or Less|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Baby Carrots, Baby Potatoes, Cabbage, Corned Beef, Onion|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||95 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 4 pounds corned beef trimmed, with spice packet
- 16 baby potatoes
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 2 onions quartered
- 1 head cabbage quartered
- black pepper
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot. Cut the corned beef in half at its thickest part and place in the pot. Sprinkle the contents of the spice packet over the meat.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 60 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and onions on top of the corned beef. Arrange the cabbage on top. Do not stir. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 5 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Transfer the vegetables to half of a large serving dish. Remove the corned beef and slice. Arrange the slices on the other half of the dish. Season everything to taste with pepper and serve.
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Protein: 19 g
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!