Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Mustard Beer Braised Beef
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Beef Chuck, Beer, Carrot, Celery, Garlic, Mustard, Onion, Tomato Paste|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||65 minutes|
- 2 lbs well-marbled beef chuck or rump roast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 1/2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup stout beer like Guiness
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function and adjust to MORE or HIGH.
- When oil gets hot, add onion, carrot and celery to the pot and saute until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add mustard powder, tomato paste and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add stout beer and thyme to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Nestle the beef into the vegetable mixture.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 40 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil.
- Discard thyme sprigs. Use a fat separator or spoon to skim fat from vegetable mixture.
- Use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to process vegetable mixture until smooth, then stir in whole grain mustard. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve sliced beef roast topped with mustard sauce.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!