Thai Green Tofu Curry
Moroccan Mushroom & Lentil Soup
|By :Graham and James Sharman|
A rich lentil soup loaded with vegetables and Moroccan spices.
|Course||Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Soup|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Egg Free, Plant-Based, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Moroccan spice mix, Mushrooms|
|Keyword||instant pot soup, instant pot soup recipe|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 14 oz can of green lentils drained and rinsed, 400g
- 1 medium carrot diced into 1/3 inch or 1 cm pieces
- 1 celery stick diced into 1/3 inch or 1 cm pieces
- 1 medium zucchini diced into 1/3 inch or 1 cm pieces
- 2 oz green beans trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch or 1 1/2 cm pieces
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes 400g
- 2 cups vegetable stock 500 ml
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms finely chopped
- Mix all dry spices in a bowl. Reserve.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot on normal heat (custom level 3 for the Evo Plus).
- Once display says HOT, add
1 tbspolive oil, 1 garlic clove (finely chopped) and 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped), cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 8 oz/230g mushrooms (finely chopped) and the reserved spice mix, cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 x 14 oz/400g can of green lentils (drained and rinsed), 1 medium carrot (1/3 inch/1 cm dice), 1 celery stick (1/3 inch/1 cm dice), 1 medium zucchini (1/3 inch/1 cm dice), 2 oz/50g green beans (trimmed and cut into ½ inch/1.5 cm pieces), 1 x 14 oz/400g can of diced tomatoes and 2 cups/500 ml vegetable stock. Press CANCEL.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set valve to seal, select manual high pressure (pressure cook custom high on Evo Plus) for 5 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, wait 5 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- When pin drops, open the lid.
- Check seasoning to add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with Greek yogurt and fresh cilantro or coriander.
Graham and James Sharman
A collaboration between an experienced pressure cook and Instant Pot enthusiast and his son, a Michelin star restaurant-trained world-class chef. A must for beginners to hardened multi-cooker enthusiasts.
All recipes by : Graham and James Sharman
You might also like