Thai Green Tofu Curry
Moroccan Lemon Chicken
|By :Graham and James Sharman|
A rich and fragrant Moroccan chicken stew.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Meat, Poultry, Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, Lemon|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cilantro/coriander
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 chicken thighs de-boned & skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 whole preserved lemon finely chopped
- 3/4 cup whole blanched almonds 100g
- 3/4 cup Green Olives pitted, 140g
- 3/4 cup chicken stock 180 ml
- large handful chopped cilantro/coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch/corn flour
- 1 tbsp cold water
- In a bowl, combine
1 1/2 tspground cumin, 1/2 tspground cilantro/coriander, 1/2 tsponion powder, 1/2 tspgarlic powder, 1/2 tsppaprika, 1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper, and 1/2 tspsalt.
- Coat the 8 chicken thighs (de-boned & skinless) with the spices and set aside.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot on normal heat, (custom level 3 for the Evo Plus).
- Once display says HOT, add
2 tbspof olive oil.
- Add 1 medium onion (sliced), and 3 garlic cloves (crushed), sauté for 2 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add the coated chicken, sauté for another 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Press Cancel.
- Add 1 whole preserved lemon (finely chopped), 3/4 cup/100g whole blanched almonds, 3/4 cup/140g green olives (pitted), and 3/4 cup/180 ml chicken stock.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set valve to Seal, select Manual High Pressure (pressure cook custom high on Evo Plus) for 10 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, allow 10 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- When pin drops, open the lid. Press Cancel.
- Press Sauté as above, mix
1 tbspcornstarch/cornflour with 1 tbspcold water, stir in to thicken. Press cancel.
- Stir in a large handful of chopped cilantro/coriander.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with vegetables, and rice or potatoes.
Graham and James Sharman
A collaboration between an experienced pressure cook and Instant Pot enthusiast and his son, a Michelin star restaurant-trained world-class chef. A must for beginners to hardened multi-cooker enthusiasts.
All recipes by : Graham and James Sharman
You might also like