Eggs “en Cocotte”
Mixed Berry Compote
|By :The Ultimate Instant Pot CB for Two by Janet Zimmerman|
This compote is a delicious, versatile fruit mixture you can use in breakfasts or desserts. Because different berries have different sweetness levels, I start with a fairly small amount of sugar before cooking and adjust as necessary afterward. The fruits start to release liquid almost immediately when you mix them with sugar, so no extra liquid is needed for the cooking process.
|Browse Category||Breakfast, Dessert, Kid-Friendly, Seven Ingredients or Less, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Berries, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice, Sugar|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 4 cups fresh berries such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar or more as needed
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp orange juice concentrate optional
- If you’re using strawberries, remove the stems and cut the berries in halves or quarters, depending on size. Wash all the berries.
- Add the berries and sugar to the inner pot. Stir to start dissolving the sugar. Add the lemon juice and orange juice concentrate (if using)
- Lock the lid in place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 2 minutes.
After cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock the lid. Taste the berries (carefully—they’re hot) and adjust the sugar if necessary. The berries will be soupy, but will thicken up slightly as they cool. If you prefer a thicker compote, you can strain off some of the juice (it’s great mixed into sparkling water) or cook the fruit further to evaporate some of the liquid.
Double It: Double all ingredients, keeping the cooking time the same.
Use In: You can top the Ricotta Cheesecakes (page 152) with these berries instead of the balsamic strawberries, mix into the Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Cranberries and Almonds (page 22) after cooking, or stir the compote into Small-Batch Yogurt (page 164).
Fat: 0 g;
Carbohydrates: 15 g;
Fiber: 3 g;
Protein: 1 g;
Sodium: 1 mg
The Ultimate Instant Pot CB for Two by Janet Zimmerman
Biography: Janet A. Zimmerman has been writing about food and teaching cooking classes for more than 15 years. She was a regular contributor to NPR's "Kitchen Window" and for several years ran About.com's Cooking for Two website. Two of her essays have appeared in the annual anthology "Best Food Writing," and another was awarded the Bert Greene Journalism Award from the International Association of Culinary Professionals. After many years in San Francisco, she now lives in Atlanta. Book information: Cooking for two is a lot easier with your Instant Pot®―especially when recipes are perfectly portioned for you, too! The Instant Pot® Cookbook for Two makes it easier and tastier than ever to spend quality time together over a real homemade meal. From Artichoke and Spinach Risotto to Teriyaki Chicken with rice, these rich and delicious recipes ensure no leftovers, no waste, and no guesswork when it comes to weekday meals. Plus, most recipes take only ten minutes or less to prep and are table-ready in under an hour, giving you more time to spend enjoying your company. The Instant Pot Cookbook for Two includes: • A handy overview covers Instant Pot® best practices, shopping tips for two, troubleshooting advice, and how to scale recipes up or down. • 80+ recipes work with all models of the 3-quart Mini and 6-quart Lux, Duo, and Ultra. • Recipe tips throughout explain how to double recipes, use up ingredients, modify cooking times (if needed) for Mini and larger Lux models, and divide the labor to speed prep. Catch up on your day, re-connect or just wind down with a good meal. It's more than just sitting down to eat, it's a chance to really be together.
All recipes by : The Ultimate Instant Pot CB for Two by Janet Zimmerman
All Cook Books by : The Ultimate Instant Pot CB for Two by Janet Zimmerman
You might also like
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!