Mini - Sweet & Spicy Asian Ribs
Mini - Angel Food Cake with Fresh Strawberries
|By :Cooking With Your Instant Pot Mini - Heather Schlueter|
You can stack two 15-ounce mini springform pans for this recipe, although the cakes will be lighter and fluffier if cooked separately.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 minutes|
- 1/2 cup cake flour or finely sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cake flour, powdered sugar, and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites using a handheld mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and increase the mixer speed to high. Whip until soft peaks form. Continue to whip while adding the sugar
1/4 cupat a time until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and whip until incorporated.
- Turn off the mixer. Carefully fold the cake flour mixture into the egg white mixture until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into two ungreased
15-ouncespringform pans, filling to the top. Cover the pans loosely with foil, leaving room for the top to expand.
- Place the steam rack into the Instant Pot inner pot and add
1 cupwater. Place one springform pan on top of the steam rack. Secure the lid, ensuring the valve is turned to the Sealing position. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the time to 25 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, turn the valve to the Venting position to release the pressure. When all the pressure is released, carefully remove the lid, holding it level to ensure the condensed water does not fall on the cake. Remove the cake with oven mitts. Turn the cake upside down to cool.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the second pan.
- Let the cakes cool for an hour and then loosen the sides by running a knife around the inside of each pan. Release the sides of pan and run the knife under the bottom of each cake to release it from the pan bottom.
- Serve each cake with strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Cooking With Your Instant Pot Mini - Heather Schlueter
Heather Schlueter started her blog, The Spicy Apron (thespicyapron.com), as an escape from the corporate life —she was a successful litigation attorney along with a CEO of a large medical practice and laboratory.
All recipes by : Cooking With Your Instant Pot Mini - Heather Schlueter
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!