Pork Carnitas Tacos
|By :Time Inc.|
This hearty soup is chock-full of antioxidants and fiber from colorful veggies, beans, and dark leafy greens. From Time Inc's "Instant Pot Weekday Meals"
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Beans, Noodles, Vegetables|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped, about
1 1/4 cups
- 3 tablespoon tablespoons parsley minced fresh, or
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 43.5 ounces chicken broth fat-free, lower-sodium,
- 16 ounce pinto beans undrained,
- 4 medium tomatoes peeled and coarsely chopped, about
- 2 stalks celery sliced, about
- 2 medium carrots sliced, about
- 1 medium Zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced, about
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni uncooked
- 2 teaspoons basil dried, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning dried
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper dried crushed
- 5 cups kale leaves packed, coarsely chopped and stemmed
- Parmesan cheese Freshly grated
- Remove lid from a 6-quart Instant Pot. Press [Sauté]. Use [Adjust] to select “Normal” mode. When the word “Hot” appears, swirl in oil.
- Add onion. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until onion is tender but not brown. Add parsley and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Immediately add chicken broth and beans.
- Stir in tomato, celery, carrots, zucchini, elbow macaronis, basil, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper . Turn cooker off. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Press [Manual]; select “High Pressure,” and use [-] or [+] to choose 6 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, turn cooker off. Open the cooker using Quick Pressure Release. Press [Sauté]. Use [Adjust] to select “More” mode.
- Add kale, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes or until soup just comes to a boil and kale wilts. Turn cooker off.
- Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Note: For ease in preparing kale, fold the leaves in half lengthwise. Cut out the ribs, and roll up several leaves together. Cut leaf roll in half lengthwise and then crosswise into
1-inchpieces. Rinse in 3 washings of cold water, draining between washings, and finish with a whirl in a salad spinner to remove sandy grit.
All recipes by : Time Inc.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!