Risotto with Lemon and Shrimp
Mexican Chicken Soup
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Poultry, Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||80 minutes|
- 4 carrots halved crosswise (or
- 1 large onion quartered, with root end left intact
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4-4 1/2 lbs whole chicken
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice rinsed
- 2 avocados diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 limes halved
- Place carrots and onion in the pot in an even layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the carrots and onion. Add water to cover, but do not exceed the
4 Literline marked on the inside of the pot.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Skim off any foam that appears. Transfer the chicken to a shallow dish and let cool. Remove the carrots and onion with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Add the rinsed rice to the broth and stir. Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken, discarding skin and bones. Return the chicken to the cooked rice mixture and heat through.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with avocado and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
*The Manual and Pressure Cook buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!