Easy Garlic Naan
Mediterranean Eggplant Stew
|By :Urvashi Pitre|
This hearty vegetable stew cooks so fast that you really need to use cooked or canned chickpeas to ensure that everything cooks at the same time. Cooking the chickpeas a second time (in the Instant Pot) softens them so that they are just perfect in this dish. Feel free to substitute other cooked beans such as cannellini beans, navy beans, or pinto beans if you prefer.
|Duration||7 Minutes and 30 Seconds|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Nut Free|
|Cooking Technique||Instant Pot, Saute|
|Main Ingredient||Basil, Bell Pepper, Black Pepper, Chickpeas, Eggplant, Kosher salt, Onion, Tomatoes|
|Keyword||eggplant, instant pot, Mediterranean, pressure cook, saute, stew|
|Cook Time||2 Minutes High Pressure (30 seconds saute)|
|Passive Time||5 Minutes rest|
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 4 cups peeled diced eggplant
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or canned chickpeas rinsed and drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5-ounce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup stemmed seeded, and roughly chopped bell pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Select Saute (High) on the Instant Pot. When the pot is hot, pour in the oil and add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until the garlic sizzles. Stir in the eggplant, chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper. Select Cancel.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Pressure Cook/Manual and set the pot at High Pressure for 2 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to rest undisturbed for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure. Garnish with the basil and serve.
Author: Urvashi Pitre, Photography by Ghazalle Badiozamani
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!