Taco-stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
Meatball Minestrone Soup
|By :Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford|
This warm and comforting soup features vegetables and homemade meatballs in a savory minestrone broth. Pancetta adds a smoky punch to this keto version of a classic Italian soup.
|Browse Category||Kid-Friendly, Meat|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Eggs, Ground Beef, Mozzarella, Onion|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp golden flaxseed meal
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning blend divided
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder divided
- 1 1/2 tsp fine grind sea salt divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup pancetta diced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to
400°Fand line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, flaxseed meal, egg, tomato sauce, mozzarella,
1/2 tbspItalian seasoning, 1/2 tspgarlic powder, and 1/2 tspsea salt. Using your hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Make the meatballs by shaping heaping
1 tablespoonof the ground beef mixture into a meatball. Repeat with the remaining mixture and then transfer the meatballs to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the meatballs in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. When the baking time is complete, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Select Sauté (Normal). Once the pot is hot, add the olive oil, onion, garlic, and pancetta. Sauté, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant and the onions begin to soften.
- Add the zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots to the pot. Sauté for 3 additional minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beef broth, black pepper, and remaining garlic powder, sea salt, and Italian seasoning to the pot. Stir to combine and then add the meatballs.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook or Manual on High and set the cook time for 5 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and gently stir the soup. Ladle into serving bowls and top each serving with
1/2 tablespoonof the Parmesan. Serve hot.
Tip Prebaking the meatballs in the oven helps ensure they won’t fall apart while cooking in the pot.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 300 Fat: 18g
Net carbs: 7g
Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford
Stacey Crawford is the blogger behind beautyandthefoodie.com where she creates and shares healthy, low-carb, ketogenic recipes. As a sufferer of celiac disease, she’s discovered that eating healthy, satisfying food through a grain-free, low-carb ketogenic diet is the key to creating good health.
All recipes by : Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!