White Bean and Carrot Tagine
Mac 'n' Trees
|By :The Essential Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook by Coco Morante|
|Course||Lunch, Main Course, Side Dish|
|Browse Category||Kid-Friendly, Rice & Pastas, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||0 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- 1 lbs elbow macaroni
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for
2 hoursat room temperature, or up to overnight in the refrigerator, and drained
- 1/3 cup Water plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt plus more as needed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper plus more as needed
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Manual or Pressure Cook setting and set the cooking time for 6 minutes at High pressure. (The pot will take about 15 minutes to come up to pressure before the cooking program begins.)
- To make the sauce: While the pasta is cooking, combine the cashews, water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Tabasco, salt, and cayenne in a blender. Blend at high speed for about 1 minute, until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender halfway through, if necessary. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and/or cayenne, if needed. You can also add an extra splash of water, if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- When the cooking program ends, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then move the Pressure Release to Venting to release any remaining steam. Open the pot and stir in the sauce.
- Spoon the macaroni into bowls and serve immediately.
The Essential Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook by Coco Morante
This enticing collection of more than 75 easy, inventive, well-tested vegan recipes for the incredibly popular electric pressure cooker, the Instant Pot, is the go-to source for mouthwatering plant-based weekday meals. The best-selling Instant Pot makes cooking delicious meals a snap! But finding vegan recipes that are both inspiring and trustworthy has proven difficult, until now. The Essential Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook presents a collection of quick and easy vegan recipes that cover each meal of the day, offering tried-and-true dishes with a modern twist, such as Black Bean Tamale Casserole, Root Vegetable Tagine with Couscous, African Peanut Stew, Jerk Tofu Wraps, and more. And best of all, they're all well-tested and authorized by Instant Pot. With beautiful photography and an attractive package, this book is an indulgence for home cooks who live a plant-based lifestyle as well as healthy eaters looking to incorporate more meatless Mondays into their week. COCO MORANTE is a recipe developer and food blogger who runs the extremely popular Instant Pot Recipes Facebook page, founded the blog LeftySpoon.com, and is the author of The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook and The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook. Her recipes are featured in numerous print and online publications, including Simply Recipes, The Kitchn, and Edible Silicon Valley. A self-taught cook and classically trained soprano, Coco lives with her husband and their beagle in Portland, Oregon.
All recipes by : The Essential Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook by Coco Morante
You might also like
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!