Plant Based Smokey Gouda Sauce
Lentil and Red Bean Chili
|By :Molly Patrick|
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Celiac, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, High Fibre, Low Carb, Low Fat, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1/2 cup brown lentils dried, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup red beans dried, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped (
about 1 cup)
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 14.5 ounce tomatoes diced,
- 1/4 heaping cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 cup corn frozen
- Soak the lentils and the red beans in water overnight or 8 hours (you can soak them in the same bowl).
- When you’re ready to cook your chili, rinse and drain the lentils and red beans in a fine mesh strainer and place the strainer over a bowl and allow them to drain. Set aside for now.
- Prep all of your veggies and measure out all of your spices. Press the saute button on your Instant Pot and let it heat up for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrot, bell pepper and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the smoked paprika, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dried oregano, allspice, cayenne, salt, Coconut Aminos, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, lentils and red beans. Stir and cook for about a minute and then add the water and stir once more.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place, making sure the nozzle is in the “sealing” position. Use the Manual or Pressure Cook setting and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Use the natural release method when the timer goes off. When the pressure is totally out of the Instant Pot, take off the lid, add the corn and stir.
- Allow the chili to cool before you store it in the fridge. Enjoy!
A true modern hippie, Molly lived in a teepee as a wee one, then moved into an adobe house that her parents built by hand. They didn't have indoor plumbing growing up, so it was outhouse city until she moved away for college. While she still has the free spirit, she also has a love affair with her Instant Pot, Netflix and indoor plumbing. Molly holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from Cornell University in conjunction with the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. For over a decade she has been working in the plant-based field, and is overjoyed that so many people are turning to a Whole Food Plant Based diet. She would love to help you on your journey too! You can join Molly's community through her Facebook group "Clean Food Dirty Girl" and her email on her blog!
All recipes by : Molly Patrick
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!