Pulled Pork Burrito Bowls
Lemon Garlic Tomato Walnut Chicken
|By :The Keto Reset by Mark Sisson|
This is an original recipe from the co-author on The Keto Reset Diet and Primal Endurance, Brad Kearns, who really knows how to be creative in the kitchen. Cooking a whole chicken is yet another thing the Instant Pot can do. You couldn’t run to the store and grab a rotisserie chicken this fast, and it wouldn’t be nearly as flavorful anyway.
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||130 minutes|
|Cook Time||56 minutes|
- 1 whole pasture-raised chicken
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1 lemon quartered plus lemon slices for garnish
- 1 tsp kosher salt (reduced or omit if your italian seasoning blend contains salt)
- 1 cup filtered water or bone broth
- Rinse the chicken inside and out and pat dry.
- In a blender or small food processor, combine
1/3 cupof the avocado oil, the onion, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Blend until smooth. Add the walnuts and pulse a few times.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken, then place the spent lemon rinds inside the cavity of the chicken. Spread the walnut mixture all over the surface of the bird (top and bottom), place the chicken in a shallow baking dish or bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Scrape off the chunky marinade from the outside of the chicken, but do not discard. Season the outside of the chicken with salt.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and pour in the remaining avocado oil. When the oil starts to smoke, carefully place the chicken breast side down in the hot oil. Allow it to brown for about 3 minutes, the use your largest spatula and a pair of tongs to carefully lift it out of the oil and flip it. Let the chicken brown for 3 minutes on the second side.
- If you do not want the chicken cooking in liquid, carefully lift it out of the Instant Pot, place the metal steam rack/trivet inside, and place the chicken on the rack. Otherwise, simply pour the water around the chicken. Spoon the reserved marinade back over the surface of the chicken.
- Press Cancel. Secure the lid and set the steam release valve to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook or Manual button and set the cook time to 25 minutes for a smaller bird or up to 35 minutes for a larger bird (the rule of thumb is 8 minutes per pound).
- When the Instant Pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally, 10 to 15 minutes. When fully released, open the lid and remove the chicken to a serving platter to rest for a few minutes. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.
The Keto Reset by Mark Sisson
MARK SISSON is the bestselling author of The Primal Blueprint, a former world-class endurance athlete, and one of the leading voices of the burgeoning Evolutionary Health Movement. His blog, MarksDailyApple.com, has paved the way for Primal enthusiasts to challenge conventional wisdom’s diet and exercise principles and take personal responsibility for their health and well-being.
All recipes by : The Keto Reset by Mark Sisson
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!