Stuffed Baby Eggplant Curry
Lemon Cilantro Soup - Lemon Coriander Rasam
|By :Subhadra Burugula|
Protein rich lentil soup flavored with lots of cilantro and lemon.
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Diabetes, Gluten Free, Low Fat, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||8 minutes|
|Cook Time||17 minutes|
To grind into coarse paste
- 1 small bunch cilantro or coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 green chili (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ginger
- 3-4 cloves Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 spig curry leaves
- 1 whole red chili (optional)
- few pinches of Hing or Asafoetida (optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp toor dal (aka Pigeon peas or yellow lentils)
- 1 lemon juiced (or adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- water as needed for desired consistency
To grind into coarse paste
- Grind all the ingredients under "to grind" into a coarse paste without using water and keep aside.
- Put instant pot on saute mode high and add oil.
- Once oil is hot add mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chili, hing and turmeric powder. Fry for a minute.
- Now add ground cilantro paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the Toor dal and water. Along with salt. Mix well. (see notes)
- Turn off saute mode and put the lid. Vent to sealing position.
- Do manual high 8 mins. I did natural release but you can do quick release after 5 mins in warm mode.
- After opening the lid, check for consistency, if desired add water and put on saute mode for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now add lemon juice and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot or accompanied with rice for stir fry.
If the soup became too sour add sugar to cut down the sourness.
Lemon juice can be replace with lime juice.
Yellow lentils can be replace with red lentils or even cooked chickpeas.
Lentils can be skipped to make thin broth like soup (cut down the cooking time to 3 mins).
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/subbucooks/ https://www.instagram.com/subbucooks/ http://www.youtube.com/c/subbucooks Subhadra is born & raised in India currently living in Texas. She is very passionate about cooking and Photography. Her main motto is to provide tasty, healthy and easy recipes so that others can prepare a delicious meal for their families. Even though she is busy with her day job she tries to keep up with her blog and YouTube channel. She is a big foodie and loves to create new recipes. Subhadra has received lot of praise and compliments on social media for her recipes, especially Instant Pot recipes. All her recipes are Vegetarian and Vegan friendly.
All recipes by : Subhadra Burugula
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!