|By :Cooking Under Pressure Cookbook by Matt Pelton|
I was skeptical at first. I’ve always made a lot of lasagnas in the oven or the Dutch oven but the thought of doing it in a pressure cooker seemed like a challenge to me. It posed a challenge, but a successful one. Even though you don’t get the crispiness of an oven-baked lasagna or the bubbly cheese, you get a nice lasagna fast with the same “next day” flavor, you would get on a traditional lasagna dish.
|Browse Category||Kid-Friendly, Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs sweet italian sausage browned
- 2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 32 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb brown mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and minced (optional)
- 1 cup Water
- Spray oil in the bottom of a
7 inchcake pan or ramekin. Place some noodles in the bottom (break them to size). Spoon on marinara sauce on top of the noodles. Sprinkle the meatball slices or if you use the sausage, pre-cook it with the mushrooms and garlic and sprinkle them on.
- Scoop the ricotta cheese on top of the meat and finish the layer by covering it with mozzarella cheese. Follow this for a second layer. Finish the top with the remaining cheese.
- Pour the water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, place the trivet in the bottom, and set the lasagna on top of the trivet. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and select manual, pressure, high for 30 minutes. Let the pot finish the cycle and bleed off naturally. Let it sit for 10 minutes or more before serving.
Cooking Under Pressure Cookbook by Matt Pelton
Matt Pelton grew up in central Utah, where he found his love for cooking in the outdoors. He learned to cook outdoors in a Dutch oven at the age of 8 years old and has done it ever since. Matt lived in Boston for a couple of years where he expanded his cooking abilities, learning to cook foods from all different cultures around the world. During this time, he gained an appreciation for food and culture and the ability of food to connect people. In 2012 and 2013, Matt won two world championships from The International Dutch Oven Society. He has also won many awards for his BBQ cooking within the KCBS pro division, especially in the brisket category. Matt has twice competed in the invitational World Food Championships aired on TV, where he placed 3rd and 11th, respectively. Matt has appeared on TV numerous times for cooking; most recently, he was featured on the Travel Channel's “BBQ Crawl season 3”. Matt has also worked as a chef at Deer Valley ski resorts in Utah, often working with the other chefs there on proteins. Matt has three children, Megan, Tristan, and Braxton and resides in Salt Lake City, Utah. He has published a number of cookbooks, including Cooking Under Pressure: Delicious Dutch Oven Recipes Adapted for Your Instant Pot®, Cast Iron Gourmet, and Up in Smoke: A Complete Guide to Cooking with Smoke.
All recipes by : Cooking Under Pressure Cookbook by Matt Pelton
You might also like
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!