Creamy Pork Chops
Lamb and Vegetables Biryani-Style
|By :Meredith OperationsCorp|
Recipes and photos excerpted from Instant Pot Meals: Comfort Food Fast!, published by Meredith Operations Corporation (2022).
|Cooking Technique||Instant Pot, Marinade, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Garam Masala, Garlic, Ginger, Green Beans, Ground black pepper, Ground cumin, Ground Tumeric, Kashmiri Chile Powder, Lamb Shoulder, Lemon Juice, Orange bell pepper, Plain Whole-Milk Greek Yogurt, Vegetable oil|
|Keyword||instant pot, marinade, saute|
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||4 Minutes|
|Passive Time||30 Minutes( Marinate)|
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp kashmiri chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pound lamb shoulder cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 3 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups halved and thinly sliced onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup Orange Bell Pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup trimmed halved fresh green beans
- 1 large golden beet peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup Water
- Toasted cashews golden raisins, and additional chopped fresh mint and cilantro (optional)
- For marinade, in a large bowl combine the first thirteen ingredients (through cloves) and 1 tsp salt. Stir in lamb until well coated. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, rinse rice under cold running water. Place in a bowl and add cold water to cover and soak for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Place a
6-quartInstant Pot on Saute setting, Add ghee. When ghee is hot, add onion. Cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add lamb mixture; stir to combine. Add bell pepper, green beans, and beet. Top with drained rice. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tspsalt; pour 1 cupwater over all. Lock lid in place.
- Set Instant Pot on High Pressure to cook for 4 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes to release pressure naturally. Release any remaining pressure. Open lid carefully. Remove bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Serve topped with cashews, raisins, and additional mint and cilantro (if using).
All recipes by : Meredith OperationsCorp
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!