|By :Urvashi Pitre|
On a cold night, there’s nothing more comforting than a hearty, spicy soup. Using prepared kimchi packs a huge punch of flavor with very little effort.
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Egg Free, Low Carb, Nut Free, Vegan|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Gochugaru, Green Onion, Kimchi, Shiitake Mushrooms, Tofu|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 2 cups kimchi
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean ground red pepper) or
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Chopped green onions
- 1 package firm tofu diced,
- In the Instant Pot, combine the kimchi, onion, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, gochugaru, sugar, salt, and water.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 3 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the green onions and tofu and serve.
NOTE: dark soy sauce—also called Chinese black soy sauce—is a dark brown and slightly thick soy sauce. It is less salty than regular soy sauce and has a lightly sweet flavor.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!