Salted Caramel Cheesecake with Pretzel Crumb Crust
Kid-O’s Pasta & Turkey Meatballs
|By :Weldon Owen|
This homemade pasta-and-meatball recipe tastes reminiscent of the old-school canned version of your childhood, with a slightly sweet tomato sauce, tender mini pasta shapes, and little turkey meatballs. Your kids will love it, and the kid in you will, too.
|Browse Category||Dinner, Kid-Friendly, Poultry|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Eggs, Ground Turkey, Pasta, Tomato Sauce, Yogurt|
|Keyword||instant pot, instant pot pasta, yogurt|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 9 round buttery crackers finely crushed (1 oz/30 g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 lb ground turkey (a mix of dark and white meat is best) or 90% lean ground beef, 340 g
- 7 tbsp grated parmesan cheese 50 g
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock 300 ml, page 270 or store-bought
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz/425 g
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 oz mini dried pasta such as anelli, farfalle, ditalini, or penne (about 2 cups), 170 g
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- In a bowl, combine the crushed crackers, milk, and egg yolk and mash with a fork until the crackers are moistened. Add the turkey, 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan, the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, stir gently to combine. Form into 26–30 meatballs, using a heaping teaspoon for each one. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In the Instant Pot®, whisk together the stock, tomato sauce, sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the pasta and stir to combine. Place the meatballs on top but don’t stir.
- Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the cook time for 5 minutes at low pressure.
- Let the steam release naturally for 5 minutes, then turn the valve to Venting to quick-release any residual steam. Carefully remove the lid. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir in the butter and the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. Serve right away.
TIP This kid-friendly comfort food gets a double dose of nutty Parmesan, which is used in the meatballs and also in the sauce.
Complete Instant Pot® Collection The Instant Pot® has become an instant classic, a must-have item for home cooks everywhere. Designed to increase the versatility of your Instant Pot® or Duo Crisp machine, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook features a curated collection of classic and contemporary recipes that utilize this innovative device to its maximum potential and yield delicious, streamlined meals. The well-tested recipes include all the basics—like yogurt, eggs, jam, rice, grains, and beans—as well as dishes for every meal of the day. You’ll learn the fundamentals and benefits of cooking various cuts of meat—such as pork shoulder, chicken thighs, or beef chuck—in an Instant Pot®. Quick and simple soup stocks—including chicken, fish, bone, and vegetable—allow you to maximize the flavor of your favorite dishes in less time than traditional methods. Plus, the Instant Pot® primer gives you all the insider tips on how to maximize the effectiveness and versatility of the Instant Pot® and the Air Fryer lid. Beyond the basics, The Complete Instant Pot® Cookbook covers a versatile range of flavor profiles and dishes. From comforting classics like bolognese, posole, and Thai basil noodles, to lighter fare such as chicken braised with citrus and olives, gingery salmon, and zesty and bright wild rice salad, to decadent desserts like molten lava cakes and key lime pie, you’ll find plenty of inspiration for getting the most out of your pressure cooker.
All recipes by : Weldon Owen
You might also like