Bow Tie Pasta Chips
Julia Child’s Coq au Vin
|By :Instant Culinary Team|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Bacon, Chicken, Cipollini Onions, Mushrooms, Red Wine|
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||60 Minutes, Plus 15-Minute Natural Release|
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 ½ - 3 lbs cut-up frying chicken
- 1 tbsp salt
- 7 slices bacon cut into lardons
- 24 whole cipollini onions skinned
- 1 lb Portobello mushrooms halved
- ¼ cup brandy
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 7 sprigs thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly cracked
- ½ cup flour
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat the inner pot on the SAUTE setting for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle salt over chicken pieces. Add butter to the pot and allow to melt.
- Working in batches, brown chicken pieces skin-side down until golden, about 5 minutes. Flip chicken over and sauté an additional 3 minutes. Remove on a plate and continue until all are done.
- Add sliced bacon to the pot and sauté until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add cipollini onions to the pot and sauté until lightly golden stirring only once, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the pot and sauté until lightly golden stirring only once, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour brandy into the pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Return bacon, onions, and mushrooms to the pot. Layer chicken on top.
- Pour over red wine and enough stock to cover the chicken.
- Stir in tomato paste. Nestle in thyme sprigs, bay leaves, and top with pepper.
- Press CANCEL. Cover with lid and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pot to naturally release for 15 minutes . Afterwards, flip the valve to release any remaining pressure. Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- In a separate bowl, add
1 cupstew liquid to a bowl with the flour. Whisk until smooth and return to the inner pot. Stir to combine.
- Press SAUTE and allow the stew to boil for 5-8 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Serve in bowls with fresh parsley to garnish.
Instant Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!