Braised Short Ribs
Julia Child’s Boeuf Bourguignon
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Saute|
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||75 Minutes|
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon sliced into lardons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs lean stewing beef cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 onion julianne
- 3 carrots cut into 2-inch wedges
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves mashed garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups dry full-bodied red wine
- 2 ½ to 3 ½ cups brown beef stock
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb mushrooms halved
- ¼ c flour
- Turn the Saute function on High for 15 minutes. Add the olive oil.
- Pat the beef dry and salt the cubes. Sear beef on all sides until brown, working in batches to not overcrowd the pan. The beef will not sauté if damp or crowded. Set aside.
- Add the bacon to the pan and sauté until brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sliced onion to the pan with the bacon and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the seared beef, carrots, black pepper, mashed garlic, and tomato paste to the pan with the onions and bacon. Toss to combine.
- Stir in the red wine, herbs, mushrooms, and enough stock to cover all the ingredients.
- Press Cancel and Pressure Cook on High for 40 minutes, with a 15-minute natural release.
- After 15 minutes, flip the valve and release any remaining pressure. Remove the bay leaves, parsley, and thyme sprigs.
- Press Cancel and turn on the Saute function for 10 minutes. Remove one cup of cooking liquid and whisk together with the flour to create a paste.
- Add the paste back into the inner pot. Stirring frequently, bring the mixture to boil until thickened, about 5-8 minutes. Turn off the pot and serve the stew warm.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!