Japanese Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
|By :Claudia Varleta|
Author of the recipe: Claudia Varleta Cooking lover, blogger and co-author of the books From the blog to the table, From the blog to the table for children and The scale.
|Cooking Technique||Instant Pot, Pressure Cook, Saute|
|Main Ingredient||Cream Cheese, Eggs, Orange Zest, Raspberry sauce, White Chocolate|
|Keyword||Chocolates and sweets, Christmas, dessert, pressure cook|
|Cook Time||27 Minutes (10 minutes for the sauce)|
- 4 oz white chocolate 120 g
- 4 oz cream cheese softened, 120 g
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Raspberry sauce or jam to serve
For the raspberry sauce
- 1 cup raspberries can be frozen
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
For the raspberry sauce
- Before cutting, take out the cream cheese 1 hour before to ensure it is soft.
- Melt the white chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave at low power for 30-second intervals, until you have a homogeneous mixture. Once melted, add the cream cheese and mix, stirring, until combined.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites until fluffy. Add the egg yolks to the white chocolate mixture and, without cleaning the mixer, beat on low speed until smooth. Then fold in the egg whites into the mixture. Do so carefully and little by little so that the egg whites do not collapse and the mixture turns out airy.
- Put the cheesecake mixture in a pre-greased
7 in( 18 cm) mold, lined with parchment paper on the bottom. Wrap the mold completely in aluminum foil. You can use the Instant Pot removable round bake pan for this.
- Place the stainless steel inner pot inside the Instant Pot®, add
2 cupswater, insert the rack, and place the pan on top.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot® lid. Make sure the steam release handle is turned to Sealing. Press Pressure Cook, pressure level High, and set time to 17 Minutes.
- When done cooking, let the pot release all the steam naturally. Then press Cancel and turn the steam release handle to Venting.
- Once all the pressure has been released, open the lid and remove the rack with the pan. Let rest until cool. Then refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- For the sauce, place the stainless steel inner pot inside the Instant Pot®. Press Saute and set time to 10 Minutes. Add the frozen raspberries along with the orange juice and sugar. Cook until a sauce with the consistency of jam forms. When done, press Cancel.
- Serve the cheesecake with raspberry sauce on top.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!