Italian Greens and Eggs
|By :Urvashi Pitre|
This is a super-efficient recipe that allows you to make eggs and veggies at the same time. It’s a light and colorful supper, and if you make more eggs than the recipe calls for, you will have breakfast done at the same time. How’s that for #ruthlessefficiency?
|Diet||Gluten Free, Low Carb, Nut Free|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Eggs, Kale, Red Pepper|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 package frozen chopped kale broken into
3or 4blocks, 16-ounce
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- cooked rice or bread for serving
- In the Instant Pot, combine the onion, salt, pepper, and water. Stir to combine.
- Place the kale on top of the onion. Scatter the bell pepper on top of the kale. Do not stir. Place a trivet on top of the vegetables. Place the eggs (still in their shells) on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 5 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water. Remove the eggs and place in the ice bath. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and nutmeg to the hot vegetables and stir until well blended.
- Peel and slice the hard-cooked eggs and gently mix them into the vegetables. Serve with rice or bread.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!