Pork Chops with a Creamy Garlic Sauce
Pulled Pork with Cranberries and Pecans
|By :Kellyann Petrucci|
Cranberries add a tart/sweet flavor to the pork. Serve leftovers in lettuce or cabbage cups for lunch. If there are any leftovers....
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Cabbage, Cranberries, Pork|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt or Celtic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 3 1/2 pounds pork shoulder boneless, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 cups onions roughly chopped
- 1 cup cranberries fresh
- 3 cups cabbage finely shredded, for serving
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped, for serving
- 1/2 cup cranberries dried, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, garlic powder, coconut sugar/stevia, salt and pepper and mix well. Rub mixture on pork.
- Add the pork to the Instant Pot and top with onions and cranberries.
- Using the Manual function, adjust to high pressure and cook for 45 minutes.
- When time is up, allow pressure to naturally release. Transfer pork to a platter or cutting board and shred with two forks.
- Strain the liquid discarding the cranberries and onions. Pour the strained liquid over the pork.
- Serve over shredded cabbage topped with chopped pecans and dried cranberries. Enjoy!
Kellyann Petrucci, M.S., N.D., is the author of the New York Times bestselling book Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet (Rodale, 2015) and Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Cookbook (Rodale, 2016). She also is the host of the PBS special, 21 Days to a Slimmer, Younger You. A weight-loss and natural anti-aging transformation expert, Dr. Petrucci has a private practice in the Birmingham, Michigan area and is a concierge doctor for celebrities in New York City and Los Angeles. She is a board-certified naturopathic physician and a certified nutrition consultant. Dr. Petrucci is a regular guest on television shows including The Doctors, Dr. Oz, Good Morning America, and national news programs, and has authored six books for John Wiley & Sons. In addition, she is a regular contributor to The Huffington Post and MindBodyGreen. She is the driving force behind the popular website drkellyann.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!