Pork Chops with a Creamy Garlic Sauce
Pork Loin with Sauerkraut and Apples
|By :Kellyann Petrucci|
This is a traditional German dish often served on New Year’s Day for good luck. The cooked apples, onions, and kraut are sometimes served over mashed potatoes. It might sound like a crazy combination, but the flavors meld to create a sweet and savory sauce. Try them over cauliflower mashed potatoes to soak up all that goodness.
|Diet||Celiac, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Apples, Pork, Sauerkraut|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 2-3 pound pork loin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt or Celtic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 2 large onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 4-6 cups sauerkraut rinsed and drained
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and chopped
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Set your Instant Pot to the Sauté setting. When display reads "hot", melt the butter or ghee, and brown the roast on all sides.
- Remove the roast from the cooker and add onions, garlic, and broth. Scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Return roast to the Instant Pot. Using the Manual setting, adjust to high pressure and set to cook for 45 minutes.
- When time is up, use the quick release method to release pressure and quickly add sauerkraut and apples to the cooker.
- Bring back to full pressure for 5 minutes and again use the quick release method.
- Slice and serve with sauce. Enjoy!
Kellyann Petrucci, M.S., N.D., is the author of the New York Times bestselling book Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet (Rodale, 2015) and Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Cookbook (Rodale, 2016). She also is the host of the PBS special, 21 Days to a Slimmer, Younger You. A weight-loss and natural anti-aging transformation expert, Dr. Petrucci has a private practice in the Birmingham, Michigan area and is a concierge doctor for celebrities in New York City and Los Angeles. She is a board-certified naturopathic physician and a certified nutrition consultant. Dr. Petrucci is a regular guest on television shows including The Doctors, Dr. Oz, Good Morning America, and national news programs, and has authored six books for John Wiley & Sons. In addition, she is a regular contributor to The Huffington Post and MindBodyGreen. She is the driving force behind the popular website drkellyann.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!