Pork Chops with a Creamy Garlic Sauce
Italian Pot Roast
|By :Kellyann Petrucci|
Adding Italian herbs and tomatoes to a basic pot roast recipe enhances the flavors. Pressure cooking makes for fast preparation and seals in all the juices. The result is a super tender pot roast enhanced with aromatics.
|Diet||Celiac, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Beef Chuck, Herbs, Vegetables|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||55 minutes|
- 3-3 1/2 pound beef chuck roast boneless, trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Thyme leaves fresh, or
- 2 teaspoons oregano fresh chopped, or
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves chopped, or
- 1 pound white onions Cipollini or pearl onions, blanch for 1 – 2 minutes and peel
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into bite-size rounds
- 3 parsnips peeled and cut into bite-size rounds
- With a sharp knife cut small slits about
3/4 inchdeep in the roast and insert garlic slices, pushing down with your finger.
- Set your Instant Pot to the Sauté setting. When hot, heat butter and brown roast on all sides.
- Pour in beef bone broth, coconut aminos, tomato paste, celery, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, and basil and seal the lid.
- Bring the Instant Pot up to full pressure by using Manual and adjusting to high pressure. Cook for 45 minutes. When time is up, use the quick-release method to lower the pressure.
- Add onions, carrots, and parsnips, and seal the lid.
- Bring the cooker up to full pressure again and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Use the quick-release method again and transfer the roast and vegetables to a serving platter. Enjoy!
You can substitute 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasonings for the thyme, oregano, and basil.
Kellyann Petrucci, M.S., N.D., is the author of the New York Times bestselling book Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet (Rodale, 2015) and Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Cookbook (Rodale, 2016). She also is the host of the PBS special, 21 Days to a Slimmer, Younger You. A weight-loss and natural anti-aging transformation expert, Dr. Petrucci has a private practice in the Birmingham, Michigan area and is a concierge doctor for celebrities in New York City and Los Angeles. She is a board-certified naturopathic physician and a certified nutrition consultant. Dr. Petrucci is a regular guest on television shows including The Doctors, Dr. Oz, Good Morning America, and national news programs, and has authored six books for John Wiley & Sons. In addition, she is a regular contributor to The Huffington Post and MindBodyGreen. She is the driving force behind the popular website drkellyann.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!