Pork Chops with a Creamy Garlic Sauce
Chicken with Leeks and Mushrooms
|By :Kellyann Petrucci|
The delicate flavor and texture of leeks combined with the earthiness of mushrooms turn ordinary chicken breasts into creamy deliciousness. Pressure cooking makes for fast preparation and seals in all the juices and flavors.
|Diet||Celiac, Gluten Free, Paleo|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 6 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt or Celtic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 3 pounds leeks white and pale green parts only, sliced into circles
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken bone broth
- 1 1/4 pounds cremini mushrooms or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk plain and unsweetened
- scallions or fresh parsley to garnish, optional
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Set your Instant Pot to the Sauté setting. When hot, heat butter/ghee and brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken from cooker and transfer to a plate.
- Add wine to cooker and deglaze by boiling on sauté setting, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until reduced to about
2 tablespoons, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the wine/broth, leeks and mushrooms. Top the leeks and mushrooms with the chicken breasts and juices from plate.
- Using the Manual setting, adjust the Instant Pot to cook on high pressure. Cook for 8 minutes.
- When time is up, allow pressure to naturally release for 4 minutes, then release any remaining pressure using the quick release method.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Stir arrowroot into almond milk and add to Instant Pot returning to sauté setting or on high heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve chicken on top of leeks and mushrooms. Enjoy!
Kellyann Petrucci, M.S., N.D., is the author of the New York Times bestselling book Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet (Rodale, 2015) and Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Cookbook (Rodale, 2016). She also is the host of the PBS special, 21 Days to a Slimmer, Younger You. A weight-loss and natural anti-aging transformation expert, Dr. Petrucci has a private practice in the Birmingham, Michigan area and is a concierge doctor for celebrities in New York City and Los Angeles. She is a board-certified naturopathic physician and a certified nutrition consultant. Dr. Petrucci is a regular guest on television shows including The Doctors, Dr. Oz, Good Morning America, and national news programs, and has authored six books for John Wiley & Sons. In addition, she is a regular contributor to The Huffington Post and MindBodyGreen. She is the driving force behind the popular website drkellyann.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!