Pork Chops with a Creamy Garlic Sauce
|By :Kellyann Petrucci|
Feel like Julia Child with this version of her famous French Dish! Fresh herbs and a high quality wine are the secrets to this dish. Wine is vital to this dish, so enjoy it when you are on maintenance.
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Diet||Celiac, Gluten Free, Low Carb|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee, divided
- 24 white mushrooms wiped with damp cloth to clean, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pearl onions frozen and defrosted or fresh and blanched and peeled
- 3 pounds lean sirloin
1-inchthick, trimmed and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 1/2 cups burgundy wine
- 2 1/2 cups beef bone broth
- 4 sprigs sage fresh
- 4 sprigs thyme fresh
- Set your Instant Pot to the Sauté setting. When display reads "hot", add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp.
- Remove the bacon bits with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add
1 tablespoonof the butter/ghee and melt into the bacon drippings.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and turn to coat evenly with butter and bacon drippings. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes and add onions to the pan. Continue cooking onions and mushrooms 2 to 3 minutes longer, and then transfer to a plate.
- With the setting still on sauté, add the remaining tablespoon of butter/ghee to the pan.
- When melted, add meat and brown evenly on all sides. Add arrowroot to the browned meat and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add wine to the pan while stirring. When the wine comes to a boil and you have scraped up the pan drippings, add the bone broth and herbs to the pot.
- Return onions and mushrooms to the Instant Pot. Using the Manual setting, adjust the instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 12 minutes. When time is up, allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the herbs and serve over cauliflower “rice” or cauliflower “mashed potatoes.” Enjoy!
Kellyann Petrucci, M.S., N.D., is the author of the New York Times bestselling book Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet (Rodale, 2015) and Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Cookbook (Rodale, 2016). She also is the host of the PBS special, 21 Days to a Slimmer, Younger You. A weight-loss and natural anti-aging transformation expert, Dr. Petrucci has a private practice in the Birmingham, Michigan area and is a concierge doctor for celebrities in New York City and Los Angeles. She is a board-certified naturopathic physician and a certified nutrition consultant. Dr. Petrucci is a regular guest on television shows including The Doctors, Dr. Oz, Good Morning America, and national news programs, and has authored six books for John Wiley & Sons. In addition, she is a regular contributor to The Huffington Post and MindBodyGreen. She is the driving force behind the popular website drkellyann.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!