Braised Short Ribs
Instant Dutch Oven- Lasagna Margherita
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Dinner, Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Dutch Oven, Electric Dutch Oven, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Lasagna Noodles, Mozzarella, Ricotta, Tomatoes|
|Keyword||instant dutch oven, lasagna recipe|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||72 minutes|
- 11 lasagna noodles oven-ready, brokenhalf
- 28 oz crushed tomato
- 20 oz diced tomato
- 1 cup onion small diced
- 1 cup Zucchini grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp fresh oregano minced
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/3 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the egg, ricotta, grated zucchini, oregano, ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Cover and store in the refrigerator for later use.
- In another bowl, mix parmesan and mozzarella. Cover and store in the refrigerator for later use.
- Add olive oil to the cooking vessel.
- Select SEAR/SAUTE . Press the Temp/Time button to set the time to 40 minutes with the knob. Press START .
- When oil is hot add the onions. Sauté until onions gets soft and transparent. Add garlic and chili flakes and sauté it for 30 sec .
- Add crushed, diced tomatoes and chopped basil. Close the lid after stirring. Cook for 15 minutes or until sauce gets thicker. Press CANCEL .
- Transfer ¾ of the sauce to a bowl, leaving ¼ in the vessel.
- Take ricotta mixture and cheese mixture out of the refrigerator.
- In a shingle like manner, place 7 noodle halves around edge of the vessel and place 1 lasagna half in center.
- Add 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on top of the lasagna.
- Add ¼ of cheese mixture on top.
- Top with 1/3 of the remaining tomato sauce.
- Place one more layer of lasagna. Add the mixtures and the sauce in the same order.
- Repeat layering once more.
- Cover the top with mozzarella cheese at the end. Close the lid .
- Select MANUAL 2 Mode . Press Temp/Time button to set the temperature to 230F and time to 45 minutes with the knob. Press START .
- When the cooking cycle is complete, remove the Dutch Oven from the base using the easy-grip handle protectors. Let rest on the silicone Dutch Oven Mat for 5-10 minutes . Serve and top with extra cheese if desired.
Optional: Preheat oven to high. Remove the cooking vessel from the base and place the Dutch oven into the oven. Broil lasagna for 5- 7 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Remove from oven; let stand 5-10 minutes. Serve and top with extra cheese if desired.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like