Braised Short Ribs
Instant Dutch Oven - Fettuccine Bolognese
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Rice & Pastas|
|Cooking Technique||Electric Dutch Oven|
|Main Ingredient||Beef Stock, Fettuccine, Thick-cut bacon|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 onion small diced
- 1 carrot small diced
- 1 celery rib small diced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine dry
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- Select Manual Mode 2 for 350°F and set time to 45 minutes. Press START.
- When preheating is complete, add
1 tbspof olive oil, the chopped bacon and 1/2 tsppepper. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally until browned. Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the meat is just browned.
- Add onions, carrots and celery and sauté until onions are transparent, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic, tomato paste and crushed tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bacon and red wine and deglaze the pot by scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
- When the wine has reduced and thickened, add the beef stock, and
1 cupof water. Place the lid on to help bring the sauce up to a boil.
- When sauce is boiling, remove the lid and add the pasta. Using tongs, stir the noodles and work them down into the sauce.
- Once the noodles are incorporated into the sauce, cook them for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Press CANCEL if there is still remaining time on the timer.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Serve and top with extra parmesan cheese if desired.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like