Braised Short Ribs
Instant Dutch Oven - Beef Stock
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Dutch Oven, Electric Dutch Oven, Slow Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Beef Stock, Carrot, Celery|
|Keyword||beef stock, instant dutch oven|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 hours 45 minutes|
- 4 pounds meaty beef stock bones with lots of marrow and knuckle bones
- 1 pound stew meat and/or beef scraps cut into 2-inch chunks, chuck or flank steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onions quartered
- 1 large carrots cut into 1 to 2-inch chunks
- 1 large celery rib cut into 1-inch segments or handful celery tops
- 3 garlic cloves unpeeled, smashed
- handful fresh parsley including stems and leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 8-10 peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub a little bit of olive oil over the stew meat. Place stock bones and stew meat into the Cooking Vessel.
- Once the oven has preheated, place the Cooking Vessel into the oven. Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes. Turn the bones and meat pieces half-way through cooking, until nicely browned.
- When the bones and meat are nicely browned, remove theCooking Vessel from the oven and place it into the Cooking Base.
- Add carrots, onions celery tops, garlic, parsley, bay leaves and peppercorns into the Cooking Vessel.
- Fill with cold water, 2 inches over the top of the bones (about 8-9 cups of water).
- Close the lid. Select-SLOW COOK and set the time to 12 hours. Press START.
- From time to time check in on the stock and use a large metal spoon to scoop away the fat and any scum that rises to the surface.
- Do not stir the stock while cooking. Stirring will mix the fats in with the stock, clouding up the stock.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, open the lid.
- Strain the beef stock through strainer.
- Serve immediately or let cool to room temperature then chill in the refrigerator. If you plan to freeze the stock, however, remove and discard the fat, pour the stock into a jar or plastic container.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like