Braised Short Ribs
Instant Dutch Oven - Almond Rice Pilaf
|By :Instant Brands Culinary Team|
|Cuisine||Eastern European, Middle East|
|Browse Category||Rice & Pastas, Side Dishes|
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Dutch Oven, Electric Dutch Oven, Sauté|
|Keyword||dutch oven recipes, electric dutch oven, rice pilaf|
|Prep Time||1 hour to soak rice|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1 1/2 cup long grain white rice soaked, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 oz Blanched whole almonds without skin, unsalted
- 2 cups chicken broth no salt added
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dried currants
- 1/4 cup fresh dill minced
- 3 cups Water hot
- 1 tbsp salt
- Soak rice with 2.5 cups of hot water for at least 1 hour. Then rinse well and drain.
- Soak currants with the remaining 1/2 cup hot water for 1 hour. Then drain.
- Select Sear/Sauté and set time to 15 minutes. Press START
- With the Add Food sign, add almonds and brown for 2-3 minutes by stirring once or twice until nice golden-brown spots form in the middle of the nuts. Avoid stirring often.
- Add butter and olive oil. Stir.
- Add rice and sauté until transparent for around 3 minutes.
- Add currants, salt and chicken broth. Stir. When the chicken stock starts boiling, close the lid. Press CANCEL.
- Select Manual Mode 1 and set the temperature to 203°F and set the time to 50 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, let pilaf rest for 10 minutes (optional).
- Remove the lid and add chopped dill to rice. Gently fluff to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Optional: Currants add a nice mild sweetness to this recipe. They can be omitted or replaced with raisins, which would result in slightly sweeter pilaf.
For vegan option, replace butter with vegan margarine and chicken broth with vegetable stock or water.
Instant Brands Culinary Team
All recipes by : Instant Brands Culinary Team
You might also like