Lamb Meatballs with Couscous, Pickled Onions, and Tahini
Individual Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittatas
|By :Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen|
Why this recipe works: A vegetable-packed frittata makes for a satisfying light meal. Using individual ramekins as the cooking vessel allowed for easy transfer for serving (not to mention elegant presentation). We added a little water to our egg mixture to keep the frittatas tender, and sautéed a vibrant mix of vegetables to drive off their excess moisture and make sure they were fully cooked. Tangy goat cheese, tarragon, and lemon zest kept the frittatas bright. You will need
four 6 ounce ramekins for this recipe. If using a 6 quart Instant Pot, arrange 3 ramekins on the trivet in step 2, then stack the fourth ramekin on top in the center. The bottom frittatas may puff up slightly around the base of the ramekin on top. To make this a heartier meal, serve with a salad and crusty bread.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course, Side Dish|
|Browse Category||Side Dishes|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Asparagus, Eggs, Goat Cheese|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz asparagus trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 oz goat cheese crumbled (
- 1 tbsp minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- Using highest Sauté function, heat oil in Instant Pot until shimmering. Add asparagus, bell pepper, and shallots; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and transfer vegetables to bowl. Stir in goat cheese, tarragon, and lemon zest.
- Arrange trivet included with Instant Pot in base of now-empty insert and add 1 cup water. Spray
four 6 ounceramekins with vegetable oil spray. Beat eggs, 1/4 cupwater, and salt in large bowl until thoroughly combined. Divide vegetable mixture between prepared ramekins, then pour egg mixture over top (you may have some left over). Set ramekins on trivet. Lock lid in place and close pressure release valve. Select Pressure Cook function and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off Instant Pot and quick-release pressure. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you. Using tongs, transfer ramekins to wire rack and let cool slightly. Run paring knife around inside edge of ramekins to loosen frittatas, then invert onto individual serving plates. Serve.
*Pressure Cook and Manual buttons are interchangeable
Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen
Bringing together the #1 diet and the #1 most popular kitchen appliance, this Instant Pot-authorized cookbook makes it more convenient than ever to cook the Mediterranean way, incorporating more vegetables, grains, beans, and seafood into your diet, and exploring the healthful, authentic flavors of cuisines ranging from Turkish to North African in everyday one-pot meals.
All recipes by : Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!