Healthy vegan pasta with bechamel sauce
|By :Camila Badoino|
Her passion for creating delicious recipes in a healthier and more conscious version, made her known in her networks.
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
- 1 cup of cashews or Indian nuts
- 2 and 1/2 cups of non-dairy or traditional milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 grams of mushrooms
- ½ white onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or unsalted butter
- 100 grams of pasta
- Salt, nutmeg, pepper and cumin to taste
- Soak cashews or cashews in water for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Insert the stainless steel bowl into the Instant Pot®. Add the pasta and enough water.
- Put on and lock the lid of the Instant Pot®. Make sure the steam release valve is turned to “Sealing”. Press Steam, at High pressure level , and set the time to 10 Minutes.
- In a blender, blend the cashews together with the milk, lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, nutmeg, pepper and cumin to taste until a smooth cream is obtained.
- In the Instant Pot®, press Saute and add the oil, along with the diced onion and mushrooms, cook for approximately 8 minutes. Add the previously blended sauce and let it heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve the pasta along with the sauce.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!