Maple Bread Pudding
Grandma’s Pasta Salad
|By :The Rootitoot Cookbook by Ruth McCusker|
|Browse Category||Rice & Pastas, Side Dishes|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 minutes|
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 2 cups small pasta
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mayo or Miracle Whip
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 oz cheddar diced
- Mix together the onion, sugar and vinegar and set aside.
- Put the water, salt and pasta in the Instant Pot and give it a stir. Close the lid, make sure the valve is set to Sealing and push the Pressure Cook (or Manual) button. Adjust time using the + and - buttons to get to 5 minutes.
- When it beeps that it's done, flip the valve from Sealing to Venting for a quick release and when the pin drops, remove the lid. Drain the pasta.
- Whisk together the mayo, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Add the onion/vinegar mixture and pour over the pasta. Add the celery and cheese cubes and stir well. Refrigerate for several hours to develop the flavour.
Pressure Cook and Manual buttons are interchangeable.
The Rootitoot Cookbook by Ruth McCusker
Cook like a grandma with your Instant Pot! * Enjoy a grandmother's tried and true comfort food recipes. * Feel more confident and adventurous with your Instant Pot. * Watch your family smile at your dependable, consistent results. Here's what Rootitoot's followers are saying: “The Instant Pot and Rootitoot turned me into a good cook.” - Tammy Rosser “The more of your recipes I make, the more confident I feel!.” - Ruth MacDonald “My husband told me to throw all my other cheesecake recipes away!” - Pat Kelly Bain “Seriously, your recipes are so solid EVERY TIME I try a new one." - Margaret Garbarino “You make cooking in the Instant Pot a pure joy.” - Margie McDaniel Miller Ruth “Rootitoot” McCusker has converted her treasured family recipes into Instant Pot masterpieces. This book is like having a loving grandmother at your side in the kitchen. Her step-by-step instructions, gentle humour and mouth-watering recipes will have you cooking with confidence in no time.
All recipes by : The Rootitoot Cookbook by Ruth McCusker
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!