Stuffed Baby Eggplant Curry
|By :Subhadra Burugula|
Ghee is India’s superfood and time tested liquid gold made with Butter. Spread it on Toast, Pancakes, Hash browns, Paratha or on Hot steaming rice.
|Browse Category||Seven Ingredients or Less, Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Diet||Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo, Vegetarian|
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- 2 lbs unsalted butter (or as much as you want)
- Put instant pot on sauté mode 'less'. Make sure the butter is at room temperature.
- Put the butter in the pot and let the butter sticks melt completely.
- Now put the instant pot to sauté mode 'normal'. The pots temperature will increase and butter will start cooking.
- A lot of froth will come in the beginning when butter starts cooking, keep stirring occasionally.
- Next few minutes the froth starts to reduce slowly. After few minutes the froth will be gone and white milk solids will float on top (this means that the butter is starting to get clear).
- Keep cooking and stir occasionally, you will see that butter will get clear (yellowish golden color) and white particles get to the bottom and sides.
- If you are looking for golden color ghee, then at this point you can turn off the instant pot. Take out the stainless steel insert and let cool. The residual heat will further cook the ghee and the milk solids get dark golden color.
- Once cooled, strain and store in a glass jar. (strainer, cheese cloth or coffee filters can be used). But I want caramel color to the Ghee(aka Brown butter ghee), so I will cook more time on saute mode 'less'.
- Once the caramel color is achieved I turn off the heat and remove the stainless steel insert from the base to prevent further cooking. Store in a glass jar and cool completely overnight to get grainy solid texture.
Both salted and unsalted butter can be used. But for cooking deserts unsalted is preferred.
Ghee can be stored at room temperature.
It will take only 10 to 12 mins to make ghee in Instant pot, so keep watching carefully as you cook, to prevent burning of ghee.
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/subbucooks/ https://www.instagram.com/subbucooks/ http://www.youtube.com/c/subbucooks Subhadra is born & raised in India currently living in Texas. She is very passionate about cooking and Photography. Her main motto is to provide tasty, healthy and easy recipes so that others can prepare a delicious meal for their families. Even though she is busy with her day job she tries to keep up with her blog and YouTube channel. She is a big foodie and loves to create new recipes. Subhadra has received lot of praise and compliments on social media for her recipes, especially Instant Pot recipes. All her recipes are Vegetarian and Vegan friendly.
All recipes by : Subhadra Burugula
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!