Vegan Zucchini Rolls With Cashew Cheese
Georgian Quinoa with Beets and Walnuts
|By :Paula Shoyer|
In the summer of 2018, food writer Jessica Halfin took me on a kosher street food tour of Haifa, Israel and we shot a video of the tour. She took me to bakeries, a bureka place, and a fruit shop. My favorite savory stop was Baribcek, a small restaurant where I tasted this salad. They also serve a sabich bowl of warm hummus, fried eggplant, chickpeas, and tahini that rocked my world.
|Course||Dinner, Lunch, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Gluten Free, Vegan|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained, 170g
- 1 1/2 cups Water 354ml
- 1 pieces medium beet peeled and cut into 1/4- to 1/3-inch (6mm to 8mm)(wear gloves!)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 piece stalk celery chopped into 1/4-inch (6mm)
- 4 green onions sliced thinly on an angle
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped Italian parsley 16g
- 1 tbsp lemon juice from half of
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves chopped roughly, 150g
- Place the quinoa, water, and beets into the inner pot and stir. Secure the lid, ensuring that the steam release handle is in the Sealing position. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the cooking time for 0 minutes. When the cooking time is complete, let sit for 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure. Turn the steam release handle to the Venting position to release any remaining pressure.
- Press Cancel and remove the lid. Stir and then place the quinoa and beets into a large bowl and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Add the oil, celery, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, cumin, salt, pepper, and walnuts. Mix well. Serve at room temperature.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!