Seasoned Fish Fillets
Garlic and Oregano Lamb Chops
|By :Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough|
More people should consider lamb chops a go-to for an easy weeknight meal. They’re perfect with mashed potatoes (which you can even buy at the deli counter for a truly easy meal). The air fryer gives the chops a light crust while keeping them juicy inside. We don’t recommend rib chops because they tend to be thin and dry out quickly in the air fryer. Instead, T-bone or loin chops are a little thicker and can handle the hot-air currents in the machine. Author © Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough Photograph © Eric Medsker
|Cooking Technique||Instant Omni Toaster Oven and Air Fryer|
|Main Ingredient||Dried Oregano, Garlic, Ground black pepper, Olive Oil, salt, T-bone or loin lamb chops|
|Keyword||air fry, bone-in T-bone, herbs and spices, lamb recipes, loin lamb chops|
|Prep Time||18 Minutes|
|Cook Time||16 Minutes|
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced Garlic about 2 peeled medium cloves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp table salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Eight 4-ounce bone-in T-bone or loin lamb chops
- Stir the oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to make a wet paste. Rub it all over the lamb chops on all sides.
- Set the machine to "Air Fry." Set the temperature to 400°F and the timer to 18 minutes (which will be a little more than you need). Press START.
- When the machine beeps, indicates "add food," or is heated to the proper temperature, put the lamb chops bone side down in the basket or on the tray so they stand up with the meat pointing up, like soldiers, on the hot surface. If they are T-bone chops, the "T" will look upside down. Each chop should be surrounded by at least
1/2 inchof space. Use separate trays or work in batches as necessary. Push the drawer in or slide the trays in gently so the chops don’t topple over.
- Air-fry, undisturbed and ignoring any "Turn Food" indicator, until medium-rare, about 14 minutes, or until medium-well, about 16 minutes. If you’ve used multiple trays, swap them top to bottom at about the halfway point of the cooking process.
- Turn off the machine and use nonstick-safe kitchen tongs to transfer the chops to a clean cutting board. Cool for a few minutes before serving hot.
Upgrade This Recipe!
- A little crunchy kosher salt or even coarse sea salt sprinkled on the chops will go a long way toward taking them over the top.
- Add more flavor to that rub by including up to
1 tbspfinely minced lemon zest, 2 tspcrushed dried rosemary, 2 tsp dried thyme, and/or 1 tsp red pepper flakes.
LEFTOVERS! Leftover chops should be cooled to room temperature, then sealed under plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 2 days. Heat them straight from the fridge (but unwrapped, of course), in a 350°F air fryer for about 3 minutes.
Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
All recipes by : Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!