Vegetable Lo Mein
|By :Robin Fields|
Making Fish Tacos in the Instant Pot® is super easy and quick. Each bite is filled with tender white fish and a crunchy slaw. If you have time to make the slaw beforehand, letting it marinate for an hour helps soften the cabbage and marry the flavors, but if you’re short on time, don’t worry; it’s delicious either way. Excerpted from The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Three-Step Recipe Book by Robin Fields. Available where books are sold.
|Course||Dinner, Main Course|
|Browse Category||Dinner, Fish & Seafood|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Cod Fillet, Tortillas|
|Keyword||instant pot fish taco recipe|
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||5 Minutes|
- 1 cup Water
- 16 ounces frozen cod fillets thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded green and red cabbage blend
- 8 white corn tortillas warmed, 4-inch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Pour water into an Instant Pot® and place a steamer basket in the pot. Drizzle cod with olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, pepper, and lime zest. Place fillets in basket. Place the lid on the Instant Pot® and click into place to close. Press the Pressure Cook button and adjust the timer to 5 minutes. When the timer beeps, quick-release the pressure until float valve drops. Unlock lid.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Fold in cabbage.
- To assemble tacos, place even amounts cod on each tortilla, then top with cabbage slaw. Garnish with cilantro. Serve warm.
Chipotle Sauce Chipotle sauce is a flavorful mayonnaise-based sauce that goes well with fish. It can be found in the condiment aisle at grocery stores. You can also make your own by whisking 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons adobo sauce and a squeeze of lime juice. Then simply drizzle over tacos.
Robin Fields is an experienced food blogger, air fryer user, and recipe developer who specializes in creating quick and easy recipes that have minimal ingredients and maximum flavor. She lives in Missouri with her husband and two young children.
All recipes by : Robin Fields
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!