Horta (Greens) and Potatoes
Fasolakia (Green Beans and Potatoes in Olive Oil Tomato Sauce)
|By :Mediterranean Living|
Fasolakia (Green Beans and Potatoes in Olive Oil) – Fasolakia is a traditional Greek green bean recipe cooked with lots of extra virgin olive oil, tomato sauce, and herbs. In Greece, this recipe can vary from house to house. This one has green beans, as well as potatoes and zucchini.
|Browse Category||Side Dishes, Soups, Stews & Broths, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Gluten Free, High Fibre, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Diced Tomatoes, Onion, Potatoes|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
4 - 8 serving
- 15 oz diced tomatoes canned
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium Zucchini quartered
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley washed and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh dill washed and chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano Dried
- 1 lb green beans fresh or frozen (if fresh stems removed)
- 1 large onion or 2 small, sliced thin
- 2 potatoes quartered
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Set the Instant Pot on Saute while you prep all the ingredients so it starts to warm up.
- Once everything is prepped, first pour in the diced tomatoes, water, and olive oil. Then add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and stir really well.
- Once it's stirred well, put the top on the pot, and spin to lock it in. Then make sure the valve on top is set to "sealing".
- Set the manual or pressure cook timer to 15 minutes.
- Once the timer reaches zero, quick release the pressure.
Mediterranean Living Bio: Mediterranean Living is a Mediterranean Diet and lifestyle community for busy people. We teach people how to eat the healthiest diet in the world with Mediterranean recipes, articles, videos, olive oil, cookbooks, online diet programs, and a weekly newsletter. Go to www.mediterraneanliving.com to join our community and download our free 7 day Mediterranean meal plan e-book here! Our Team: Bill Bradley is a Registered Dietitian and the founder of Mediterranean Living. He travels extensively teaching the benefits of eating Mediterranean. Bill’s wife Christine is a contributor to Mediterranean Living specializing in herbalism and recipe creation. Koula Barydakis, co-author of the Foods of Crete cookbook, is a chef and cooking teacher on the Greek island of Crete. Gerry LeBlanc is the developer of the website and a former fishmonger who specializes in Mediterranean seafood recipe formulation. George Zikos started as an intern while studying abroad in Greece, but since returning has worked as a food writer/social media marketer for Mediterranean Living.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!