Easy Garlic Naan
Farro and Italian Sausage Soup
|By :Urvashi Pitre|
Farro, a pleasantly chewy grain with a nutty flavor, pairs perfectly with spicy Italian sausage in this robust dish. It’s the kind of soup you can eat as a meal one day and enjoy for lunch the next day.
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Instant Pot, Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Apple Cider Vinegar, Dried Italian Seasoning, Fresh Tomato, Italian Link Sausage, Kale, Onion, Shredded Parmesan|
|Keyword||farro recipes, instant pot, Italian Sausage Soup|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
|Passive Time||30 Minutes|
- 1/2 pound hot Italian link sausage broken into small chunks with your fingers
- 1 cup chopped canned or fresh tomato
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup farro
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 11/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 5 to 6 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In the Instant Pot, combine the sausage, tomato, onion, farro, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and broth. Stir well. Place the kale on top of the farro mixture. Do not stir.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Pressure Cook/Manual and set the pot at High Pressure for 15 minutes. Allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Before serving, stir in the apple cider vinegar. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Author: Urvashi Pitre, Photography by Ghazalle Badiozamani
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!