Stuffed Baby Eggplant Curry
|By :Subhadra Burugula|
Easy eggplant curry in simple onion tomato gravy. Great option for quick side dish for Rice, Roti or Naan
|Browse Category||Side Dishes, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Dairy Free, Diabetes, Gluten Free, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 big Eggplant
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp oil of choice
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leves
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder of choice
- 1 cup Water
- cilantro to garnish
- Put the Instant Pot in Saute mode High. Pour oil and let it get hot. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry.
- Add Garlic and Curry leaves and fry well. Add onions and saute.
- Add Tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes. Now add all spice powders and salt and mix.
- Add Cubed eggplant, water and mix once again.
- Turn off the Saute mode and put it on manual high 3 minutes. Keep the vent to sealing position.
- You can do Natural release or Quick release of the vent, I did natural release.
- If the curry is runny for your taste then put it on saute mode till desired consistency is reached. Add Cilantro to garnish and serve hot.
If you cut the eggplant beforehand, then place them in water to prevent discoloration.
If you don’t have coriander powder, skip it and add extra curry powder.
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/subbucooks/ https://www.instagram.com/subbucooks/ http://www.youtube.com/c/subbucooks Subhadra is born & raised in India currently living in Texas. She is very passionate about cooking and Photography. Her main motto is to provide tasty, healthy and easy recipes so that others can prepare a delicious meal for their families. Even though she is busy with her day job she tries to keep up with her blog and YouTube channel. She is a big foodie and loves to create new recipes. Subhadra has received lot of praise and compliments on social media for her recipes, especially Instant Pot recipes. All her recipes are Vegetarian and Vegan friendly.
All recipes by : Subhadra Burugula
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!