Eggless Mango Cake with Cardamom
|By :Vidhya's Home Cooking|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup mango puree
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder +
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2-3 feet aluminium foil
- If using store bought mango puree, then set aside 1/2 cup of mango puree. If using fresh mangoes, peel the skin and chop the pulp and puree. I used the Manila variety mango.
- Sieve the APF and set aside.
- Grease a cake pan or the bake ware and set aside.
- Add the yogurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk them together. Make sure the sugar all dissolved.
- Now add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix them and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- The mixture will be emulsified now. Add the oil and mango puree and whisk again.
- Now add the turmeric powder and cardamom powder and mix it well. Add the APF to this wet mixture and combine gently.
- Make sure there aren't any lumps. Pour this cake batter into the cake pan and spread it evenly. Tap it twice, so that the mixture settles.
- Fold the Aluminium foil and place the cake pan on top and wrap it to form the sling.
- Now add the
2 cupswater in the Instant Pot and place the trivet. Carefully place the cake pan with the sling into the Instant Pot.
- For units that have the cake button press 'Cake'.
- If you don't have a cake setting, cook the cake in the Low-Pressure manual mode for 25 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally and then carefully remove the cake. Allow it to cool for 20 to 30 minutes before decorating. I did not decorate the cake. I simply served it with fresh fruits.
Adjust the sugar depending upon the sweetness of the mango. Also, instead of powdered sugar you can use regular sugar, and in that case, increase the quantity to
I did not cover my bake ware with aluminium foil. You can wrap it thoroughly before putting it on the sling.
You can either let the pressure release naturally or wait at least for 10 minutes before doing QPR. But do not release the pressure quickly right after the pressure cooking ends.
Vidhya's Home Cooking
Srividhya G- Software engineer by profession and a chef at heart. A vegetarian food blogger focusing mainly on Indian Cuisine and Fusion food and garden enthusiast who blogs at www.vidhyashomecooking.com.
All recipes by : Vidhya's Home Cooking
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!